No Bake Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
This cookie dough is perfect for those little mouths that want to eat everything that they can lay their hands on! The best part of this recipe is that there are no raw eggs so the worry of salmonella does not have to cross our minds.
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose white flour.
- 1/3 cup of salted butter, if the butter is unsalted, you can add a pinch of salt to the dough.
- 1/3 cup of dark or light brown sugar.
- 3 tablespoons of white granulated sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
- 1 tablespoon of milk.
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. (You can even add chopped up chocolate or biscuits of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and spread the flour onto a baking sheet in an even layer. ('Baking' the flour for a few minutes will kill any bacteria that could be in there)
- Melt the butter 80% and then set it aside to cool down to room temperature.
- 'Bake' the flour for 5-7 minutes and be sure to keep an eye on it as we don't want it to burn. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool down completely.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add the cooled melted butter, brown sugar and the white sugar. Stir this until it is smooth and then add the Vanilla extract, salt and the milk and stir it until it is all combined.
- If the dough needs to cool down, you can pop it into the fridge for 10 minutes before enjoying!
Until next time,