Summer is on its way and we all love a little refreshment to cool us down! Try out these yummy homemade popsicles for the whole family. The best part is that they are pretty healthy and you won't have to worry about the car ride home and them melting because they are right in your freezer to grab and enjoy once they are all ready.
What you will need and instructions:
- A popsicle mold, if you do not have one, don't panic, a muffin tray, yoghurt containers, ice cube trays or even paper cups will do! To avoid the popsicle stick from falling you can cover whatever item you are using with some cling film or foil and poke the holes in for the stick to stand up straight.
- Choose your favourite fruit, you can add more than one, it is all up to your preference!
- Blend (optional) up the fruit/s that you have chosen, you can add some honey or any other sweet enhancer to add a little sweeter taste to the popsicle.
- Layer the popsicles with fruit and then yoghurt/water; repeat this until it is fairly filled to the top.
- Tap the item which is being used to make the popsicles to make sure that all the ingredients are together and that there are no gaps as this could lead to the popsicle breaking easily once frozen.
- Insert the popsicle sticks, cover in the foil or cling film if needed first.
- Allow setting in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours.
Until next time,