Fruity Fun Facts
Are you ready for some fruity fun facts for you and the whole family? Yummy!
Did you know?
- Strawberries are not actual berries but a banana is considered a berry! Really???
- When you put a grape into a microwave, it explodes.
- Peaches, raspberries and apples are all members of the rose family.
- The tomato is the world's most popular fruit.
- Coffee beans are fruit pits and are not actually beans.
- The Japanese farmers grow square watermelons for easy stack and store, how clever?
- Cucumbers are in fact a fruit and not a vegetable.
- The study of fruit is called 'pomology.'
- Green fruits help strengthen your teeth and bones.
- An apple is known to give you more energy than a cup of coffee.
- There is a tree that sprouts between 3-7 different fruits and it is called a 'fruit salad tree.'
- There are more genes in tomatoes than there are in humans.
- Pineapples are actually a fruit made up of a whole lot of berries that grow together.
- There is more Vitamin C in strawberries than in oranges.
- In Asheville, North Carolina, there is an 'edible park' that has fruit and nut trees where people can go and pick off of them for some fresh snacks!
- An average strawberry has about 200 seeds on it.
- Apples are made up of 25% air, that is why they float in water.
- Half a cup of milk has the same amount of calcium as a half a cup of figs.
- A pineapple plant only produces one pineapple each year.
- Oranges are not all orange in colour!
I hope you enjoyed those fruity facts. The fun doesn't end just yet, scroll down for some fun fruity puns for the whole family!
Until next time,