Banana Muffins Recipe
I put my baking skills to test in the kitchen yesterday and made some yummy banana muffins if I can say so myself, they were so yummy! This morning I cut one in half, spread some butter on it and drizzled some honey on it and that was breakfast, who said you can't have dessert for breakfast, that is exactly what it tasted like.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 6 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Whisk the flour (I put the flour through a strainer to get rid of any possible lumps), baking powder, baking soda, salt and the cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mash the bananas (I just used a fork so that there were still little chunky bits, yum!).
- In a small pot on medium heat, melt the coconut oil, once it is melted add the brown sugar, vanilla essence and the milk. Take off heat and let it cool down until you can stick your finger in. (room temperature)
- Crack the egg into the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients and the mashed banana, then beat or whisk until it is all well combined.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin tray (I greased my tray with coconut oil).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, we don't want to dry them out.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Until next time,